WE'RE HERE!!!

So the time stamp is a little weird on that last one because I posted it as soon as we had wifi here, soooo here's the next update already!!

THREE HELLS CONQUERED! When we deplaned, there were a couple wheelchairs waiting, and a couple employees wheeled us through. It went way easier than I expected! Also, we're already in Terminal 3 somehow?? So we're just sitting, chilling, having a little caffeine before we go collect our JR passes and the portable wifi.

The 7-11 ATMs take Visa and Plus cards, so I was able to pull out 10k yen and promptly spent some of it at a vending machine. A nice cold Coke for Ken, and a Royal Milk Tea for me. But I didn't read the sign closely enough...

Breakfast of champions?

The bottle is HOT! Only after burning my fingers did I realize that the sign above the 150円 said Hot~ (あたたか~い)... Lesson learned! Gotta read those signs much more carefully next time. It's a metal bottle, too, so it'll take a while to cool... by which time I'm sure I'll have sipped it mostly gone. I'm thirsty despite getting frequent cups of water on the plane.

NOTE: I got distracted halfway through this post by the Global Wifi and JR offices opening and forgot to finish it. This is why it's posted so late. I will endeavor here to finish it.

Right away we discovered one of Japan's national pastimes, which is standing in line. We should've really camped those lines as soon as we landed, oops. Once we were through, we grabbed a combo monorail + Yamanote line pass and headed out for the city.

The city streets are fairly quiet on Saturday mornings, which was good, because the hike from the Uguisudani station was something like 1km, which is about half a mile, but that was half a mile on very little bad sleep (upright and surrounded by bright screens) and while pushing 80lbs total of luggage. But it was still not even noon yet, and check in time wasn't until 3. The extremely nice hotel ladies let us leave our luggage to go explore the city, so we headed out for the closest destination on our list: Ueno Park and Zoo!

Next post: Ueno Zoo!

Comments